XPLORA has officially partnered with Nordics-based esports team Become Legends. Our first merit: 12th place in the Fortnite World Cup by 23-year-old Swedish Fortnite player Pontus 'Tchub' Bucht! Featured on the photo above is Become Legends' 14-year-old professional Fortnite player Henrik 'Hen' McLean.
But what is esports? And what is Fortnite? Something to do with a fortnight? Despite being the most popular game and esports title on the planet, many parents are still in the dark.
Esports is, in short, the competitive form of playing video games. Fortnite, with more than 250 million registered accounts worldwide, is tailored to fit into the ever-growing esports segment of gaming.
- Fortnite Battle Royale is a free-to-play online game that starts with 100 players and leaves one winner standing.
- Has nothing to do with a fortnight.
- The entire point of the game is to defeat the 99 other players through cartoon-like, action-packed
- With short matches and accessible gameplay the game is easy to get into, yet it is difficult to master and the truly great players are idolized.
- The Fortnite World Cup for 2019 was held in New York with a prize pool of $30 million!
- The event set four Guinness World Records
In September, all of Become Legends' players: "Tchub" (SWE), "Hen" (UK) and "Flikk" (DK) qualified for Fortnite Champion Series, in which they are matched against the other 1,000 top players in the world!
At XPLORA we see this as a wonderful opportunity to further delve into our ambition of combining traditional, static gaming with physical activity, starting with Dora and the Lost City of Gold.
Hopefully this helped shed some light on Fortnite, esports and our collaboration with Become Legends! Are you a parent to a gamer? Please share your experience with us in the comments below and check out Become Legends' Twitter page for more info on their day-to-day operations!